Mid Valley International College is the best BBHM (Hotel Management), also known as (BHM), college in Nepal. The hospitality industry encompasses a diversity of fields within the service industry, including hotels, resorts, restaurants, event planning, theme parks, and others from the tourism industry. Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) Hons BBHM isn’t just concerning convenience and food and drink benefits yet cover territories like gatherings and occasions, gaming, amusement and diversion, the travel industry administrations, and visitor data. In such a broad-based industry, career opportunities are extensive. As the hotels and hospitality industry moves progressively from expertise based to an information-based industry, higher learning has gotten progressively basic to opening vocation entryways and helping managers to be all the more completely receptive to the way of life, administrations, and serious parts of the segment We are the best BBHM College in Nepal.
Our curriculum covers studies and practical experience of BHM. In particular, after their studies which are customized explicitly to contemporary needs, our understudies can secure positions in the main companies and affiliations hospitality industry. For the most part, our graduates start with the operational position and can progress rapidly to managerial situations for a successful career.
Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) (Hons) BBHM – BHM Course Structure
This is a four-year full-time Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) Hons. degree program from HELP University, Malaysia.
- Designed to position the students to help drive the Hospitality industry to higher Levels of Innovation and Success.
- Delves into international hotel operations management, technological applications in hospitality management and large scale services management, as well as small business operations.
- This Course Introduces an innovative series of final year projects and internship programs that not only offer students valuable work experience but also provide specific knowledge and specialized skills for the industry workforce.
- With the Inclusion of Soft Skills & Non –Credit Courses, the curriculum prepares students sufficiently to succeed in the increasingly global marketplace and in our complex and ever-changing society.
Career After BBHM in Mid-Valley International College Nepal
Hospitality Management is a vibrant, challenging, and exotic career. Graduates can find employment in
- Event Management Companies
- Convention Centers
- Cruise Ship
Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) Hons Program at MID Valley International College in Nepal also prepares students to plan their Master’s Program. Students are given guidance counseling to help them get into Top Masters Program in the World.
BHM (Hons) Degree in MVIC Nepal through its various centers of excellence also promote students to explore new business opportunities. The college always provides necessary help and guidance for the student who wants to start their own venture and become an entrepreneur in the field of Hospitality
Internship & Job Placement After BBHM at Mid-Valley International College Nepal
Our internship program provides college students with a guaranteed internship placement in premier hospitality companies. Mid-Valley International College offers an internship in Malaysia, India, China, Bahrain, and Japan
The purpose of these programs is to provide students with hospitality management basics, to offer the possibility of gaining international experience, to prepare them to work in a professional environment as well as to increase the competitiveness of graduates in the labor market.
Internship & Job Placement in Japan
MVIC signed an MOU with Fourth Valley Concierge Corporation, Japan, Connect Job, and Lead X Nepal to provide a free Japanese Language course, Internship & 100% Job Placement in Japan for the students of Bachelor of Business (Hospitality Management) Hon. The major highlights of the program are:
- Free Japanese Language Classes of 1200 hours will be provided by Mid-Valley Int’l College
- Sponsor company in Japan will provide 6 months paid internship with airfare, accommodation, food, insurance, and Rs. 50,000 as stipend per month. After the internship, students get a job offer of NRS 200,000 per month in Japan.
- Students who are selected by the Japanese sponsor company will get pre-job offers in their 3rd year of college
- Bonus depends upon the company policy. Normally companies offer bonus twice a year
- ACC102: Accounting for Hospitality & Tourism
- TRM101: Principles of Management for Hospitality & Tourism
- TRM103: Fundamental of Food & Beverage Service
- TRM200: Introduction to Tourism, Leisure and Hospitality Management
- TRM207: Room Division Management
- Non Credit Course |Case Study: MS Excel 101, Tally Software 101, Academic writing 101
- Experiential Learning Programme: Visit to Different Hotels and Understanding different Department Functions
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Dressing Etiquettes, Communication Skill 101 - Goal Setting and Self Awareness
- Development Center Activities: Intra-College Sports Competition
- ECO101: Principles of Micro-economics
- ITC101: Information Technology for Business
- MKT101: Principles of Marketing
- TRM205: Introduction to Kitchen Operations & Food and Beverage Services
- TRM214: Accommodation Operations Management
- Non Credit Course |Case Study: Ms Power Point 101, Social Media Marketing 101
- Experential Learning Programme: Introduction to ERP in Hotels, Introduction to PMS Software in Hotel, Community Home Stay
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Com. Skill 102 - Effective Communication & Feedback, Body Lanuguage 101
- Development Center Activities: Inter-College Sports Competition
- COM200: Managerial Communication
- QBM101: Business Statistics
- TRM202: Organizational Behaviour for Service Industry
- TRM231: Bar, Beverage and Barista Management
- TRM233: Hotel Operations Management
- Non Credit Course |Case Study: Ms Power Point 102, SPSS 101
- Experential Learning Programme: Content Writing 101, Data Analytics 101, Barista and Bar 101
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Com. Skill 102- Presentation Skills and Digital Literacy
- Development Center Activities: TedX (Simulation) @ Mid-Valley, Story Yeller College Edition, Student Mentorship Programme
- MGT212: Business Analytics for Decision Making
- TRM204: Human Resource Management for the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- TRM213: Hospitality Small Business Operations
- TRM304: Research Methodology for Hospitality Industry
- TRM316: Dining Etiquettes
- Non Credit Course |Case Study: Labour Law in Nepal 101, Business Model Canvas 101, SPSS 102
- Experiential Learning Programme: Data Analytics 102, Research Survey in Different Hotels, Banquet Management in a Hotel or Independent Banquet
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Basic Financial Modeling 101, Business Model Canvas, Case Study – Booking Engine and Trivago, Case Study – Airbnb and Trip Advisor
- Development Center Activties: Speakers Forum ( Similation of Toast Masters), Mud and Music Mayhem
- FIN201: Business Finance
- MGT204: Asian Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- MPU3243: Personal Branding and Career Management
- MPU3432: Co-curriculum – Event Management 2
- TRM317: Service Management & Customer Care in Hospitality Industry
- TRM400: Graduation Project (I)
- Non Credit Course |Case Study: Revenue Management and MIS Analysis 101
- Experential Learning Programme: Shadow an Entrepreneur
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Com. Skill 103 - Interview Skill , Com. Skill 104 - CV Preparation , Com. Skill 105 - Email etiquettes
- Development Center Activities: Intra-College Busines Idea Pitch Competition
- TRM301: Food and Beverage Management
- TRM305 : Leadership and Management in Hospitality Industry
- TRM306: Training & Development in Hospitality Industry
- TRM323: Contemporary Issues in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- TRM400 : Graduation Project (II)
- Non Credit Course |Case Study: Business Model & Distruption in Hospitality Industry
- Experiential Learning Programme: Shadow A CEO | Senior Management in a Hotel, Training & Development Module for a Hotel
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: CV Preparation 2.0, Interview Skill 2.0, Elevator Pitching Workshop, Art of Negotiation
- Development Center Activities: Guidance Counselling
- TRM330: Industry Placement Practicum (2 semesters)