Who is the qualification for?
The Level 2 Diploma in Patisserie is for candidates who wish to work in the
hospitality industry and specialize in Patisserie. They will already have knowledge of
the basic principles of kitchen work or will demonstrate commitment and
enthusiasm to work and study in order to supplement their existing knowledge.
Candidates will be required to display both practical skills and the associated
knowledge in order to complete the assessments.
What does the qualification cover?
The qualification covers food safety and safety at work and the preparation, cooking and
finishing of a wide range of patisserie products.
What opportunities for progression are there?
On completion of this qualification, candidates may progress into employment or to the
following City & Guilds qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Food Preparation
- Cooking (Culinary Arts) – 8065-02
- City & Guilds Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Food
- Preparation and Cookery Supervision – 8065-04
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Professional Cookery – 7100