The Level 2 Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Arts from City and Guilds is a 6-month course that prepares students for careers in the culinary industry. The comprehensive curriculum covers various aspects of food preparation, safety, cooking techniques, and pastry skills. Upon completion, students receive a Level 2 Diploma that adds value to their resumes and helps them stand out in the job market. Ideal for those seeking practical experience and knowledge in the culinary arts.
Upon completing this qualification, individuals may be able to find employment in various sectors of the food and culinary industry including restaurants, hotels, bakeries, catering companies, and other food service establishments.
Furthermore, after finishing this certification, candidates may advance to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Arts – Patisserie (8064-02)
- Level 3 Diploma in Culinary Arts and Supervision (8064-06)
To enroll in the course, one must either be at least 16 years of age or should be SEE graduates. This requirement ensures that students have a certain level of maturity and educational foundation, allowing them to fully engage with the course material and benefit from the program.
What does the qualification cover?
This qualification covers transferable and job role-specific skills, including sustainability awareness, and offers a holistic approach to training. The qualification is designed to prepare graduates for a successful career in hospitality, anywhere in the world.
What qualification will I get?
Certificate of Level 2 IVQ Certificate in Level 2 Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Arts – 8064-01 from City & Guilds, London. Certificate of completion from Mid Valley International College.
- Total Course Duration: 3 - 6 Months
- Total Qualification Time: 609 Hours
- Internship Duration: 3 to 6 Months
- • Understand the hospitality industry
- • Understand business success
- • Awareness of sustainability in the hospitality Industry
- • Professional workplace standards
- • Understand own role in self development
- • Meet guest requirements through menu planning
- • Cooking methods, techniques and commodities: stewing and braising
- • Cooking methods, techniques and commodities: boiling, poaching and steaming
- • Cooking methods, techniques and commodities: baking, roasting and grilling
- • Cooking methods, techniques and commodities: deep and shallow frying