Bachelor of Business Finance (Hons) is concerned with the study of financial instruments, institutions, markets, and systems. It involves the study of financial decision making under uncertainty, which has applications in many fields including banking, financial consulting and planning, funds management, merchant banking, stockbroking, and treasury.
This program provides rigorous training in the theory and applications of finance. The program involves a core in mainstream finance supplemented with studies in related quantitative techniques and methodologies, economics, and management.
CFA recognizes the Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons) Degree Program of HELP University. The Finance Program incorporates at least 70% of the CFA Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK).
The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Program is a post-graduate professional certification offered internationally to Investment and Finance professionals by the America-based CFA Institute. CFA has the highest level of global, legal, and regulatory recognition in providing Finance-related programs.
Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons) Course Structure
- The course is designed to position the students to help drive the Finance Industry to higher Levels of Innovation and Success
- Introduce an innovative series of final year projects and internship programs that not only offer students valuable work experience but also provide specific knowledge and specialized skills for the industry workforce
- With the Inclusion of Soft Skills & Non –Credit Courses, the curriculum prepares students sufficiently to succeed in the increasingly global marketplace and in our complex and ever-changing society
- Semester System to ensure sufficient academic Rigor and Industry Exposure
Career Opportunity (Scope) After Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons)
Bachelor of Business (Finance) (Hons) Program @ Mid-Valley International College opens up many career opportunities for the students. Students can easily pursue a career in the following Sectors & Function.
- Investment Banking
- Stock Trading
- Corporate Finance
- Finance & Accounts
Bachelor in Business (Finance) (Hons) Program @ Mid-Valley International College also prepares students to plan their Master’s Programme. With IELTS and GMAT embedded in the program, students are given guidance counseling to help them get into Top Masters Programme in the World.
BBA Finance in Nepal Program @ Mid-Valley International College through its various center of excellence also promote student to explore a new business opportunity. The college always provides necessary help and guidance for the student who wants to start their own venture and become an entrepreneur.
Our Very Own Finance Lab for Bachelor in Finance Students
MVIC has a Finance Lab at its own premises. At the lab, students can monitor and analyze real-time Financial Market Data, trade in the stock market (with Real or Virtual Money), and work with different finance professionals. The Finance Lab features a Trade Desk, Share Analysis Tool, Virtual Mock Trading, E-learning course materials, and E books on Business and Finance, relevant movies, and books on case studies.
The MVIC Finance Lab was inspired by Bloomberg Finance Lab at HELP University premises in Malaysia. MVIC students can access rich data and analytical tools at the Lab to help them to shape their careers in finance and investment.
- ACC101: Financial Accounting 1
- ECO101: Principles of Microeconomics
- MGT101 : Principles of Management
- QBM101: Business Statistics
- Non Credit Course | Case Study: Tally Software 101, Academic Writing 101, MS. Excel 101, SPSS 101
- Experential Learning Programme: Financial Statement Analysis 101, Data Analytics 101
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Dressing Etiquettes, Communication Skill 101 - Goal Setting and Self Awareness
- Development Center Activities: Intra-College Sports Competition
- ACC103: Management Accounting 1
- ECO102: Principles of Macroeconomics
- ITC101: Information Technology for Business
- LAW101: Business Law
- MKT101: Principles of Marketing
- Non Credit Course | Case Study: Ms Excel 102, Ms. Power Point 101, Social Media Marketing 101
- Experential Learning Programme: National Budget 101, Introduction of ERP 101, Introduction of E-Commerce 101, Setting Up A New Company 101
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Com. Skill 102 - Effective Communication & Feedback, Body Lanuguage 101
- Development Center Activties: Inter-College Sports Competition
- ACC203: Financial Accounting 2
- COM200: Managerial Communication
- ECO202: Macroeconomic Analysis
- FIN202: Financial Management
- MPU3432: Co-curriculum – Event Management 2
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Com. Skill 102- Presentation Skills and Digital Literacy
- Development Center Activties: Story Yeller College Edition, Student Mentorship Programme, TedX (Simulation) @ Mid-Valley
- FIN203: Financial Institutions, Instruments & Markets
- FIN204: Investment Analysis & Decision Making
- FIN205: Wealth Management
- HRM201: Managing Human Resources
- MGT212: Business Analytics for Decision Making
- Non Credit Course |Case Study: Valuation 101, Labour Law in Nepal 101
- Experiential Learning Programme: Capital Market 101, Introduction to Insurance 101, Taxation in Nepal 102, Data Analytics 102
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Dining Etiquettes
- Development Center Activties: Speakers Forum ( Similuation of Toas Masters), Mud and Music Mayhem
- MGT203: Business Research
- MGT204: Asian Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- FIN302: Analysis of Equity & Fixed Income Investments
- FIN304: Global Financial Management
- Non Credit Course | Case Study: SPSS 102, Business Model Canvas 101, Introduction to Private Equity 101
- Experiential Learning Programme: Shadow an Entrepreneur, Valuation of Stocks Listed in Nepal,
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Com. Skill 103 - Interview Skill , Com. Skill 104 - CV Preparation , Com. Skill 105 - Email etiquettes
- Development Center Activties: Intra-College Busines Idea Pitch Competition, Intra-College Stock Analysis Competition
- BIP300: Business Internship Programme (Elective 2)
- FIN305: Strategic Issues in Financial Management
- FIN306: Derivative Securities & Risk Management
- MPU3243: Personal Branding and Career Management
- MGT400: Graduation Project (I)
- Non Credit Course | Case Study: SIF Regulation of Nepal
- Experential Learning Programme: Mutual Funds in Nepal
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: CV Preparation 2.0, Interview Skill 2.0, Elevator Pitching Workshop
- Development Center Activties: Guidance Counselling 1.0, Introduction to Tests (GMAT, IELTS)
- FIN206: Introduction to Technical Analysis & Trading
- FIN307: Portfolio Management
- MPU3353: Personal Financial Planning
- MGT400: Graduation Project (II)
- Non Credit Course |Case Study: Technical Analysis of Stocks Listed in Nepal
- Experiential Learning Programme: Trading in Nepal Stock Market, Portfolio Management in Nepal
- Soft Skills & Personal Development: Art of Negotiation
- Development Center Activties: Warrior Trading , Inter College Business Idea Pitch Competition, Inter College Speech (TedX) Competition , Guidance Conselling 2.0
- * The Non Credit Course, ELP and Soft Skill is subject to few changes and some programme may be delivered in different semesters as per the requirement of the course.
- * Every Subject will have atleast one Case for Student to discuss and solve under the guidnace of Center for Case Study (CoE)