Culinary Arts is nothing but the art of cooking. A culinary arts course trains aspirant to prepare, cook as well as present food/ meals in an effective and attractive manner.
Since 2011 we have been offering a Diploma in Culinary Arts (Formally known as Certificate III in Culinary Arts) programme in Partnership with CSA. Professional diploma in culinary arts is an ideal course for those who want to pursue a career as a professional chef and thus gain maximum skills in culinary arts, with the perfect mix of practical and theory classes throughout the course. This diploma prepares individuals to provide related cooking services in restaurants and other commercial food establishments. It includes instruction in recipe and menu planning, preparing and cooking of foods, supervising and training kitchen assistants, the management of food supplies and kitchen resources, aesthetics of food presentation, and familiarity or mastery of a wide variety of cuisines and culinary techniques.
Professional Diploma in Culinary Arts offered by European Technical and Vocational Academy (ETVA) in association with Lincoln University focuses on culinary skills, highly practical training and theoretical knowledge in all areas of food production.
It equips students with real gastronomic skills and knowledge about food preparation, safety and the presentation required for entry into the hospitality industry. Students will acquire important skills in culinary craft, organization and management including stock ordering, scheduling, costing of goods and dealing with suppliers.
Course Duration- 6 months
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES FROM THE COURSE:
- Understand and apply management theory to operate a hospitality-related operation.
- Demonstrate quality customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately produce a food production plan.
- Identify and demonstrate the basic principles of safety and sanitation procedures used in the food production and service industry.
- Evaluate styles of leadership and develop skills in human relations and personnel management.
- Apply the principles of menu planning and layout to the development of menus.